10 Years of Boris Bikes !
2020 marks 10 years of the efficient cycle hire scheme. Santander Bikes, previously known as Barclays Bikes or Boris’s Bikes, is a rapid and eco-friendly option for travelling within London. There are plenty of docking bays in Central London in the city. The closest docking bay to the hotel is located just 100 meters from the hotel at Melton Street.
How does cycling help the environment?
Cycling reduces noise pollution. It doesn’t require any gasoline therefore, no harmful vehicle emissions or smog are released into the air when a person is riding their bicycle.
Fun Facts about Boris Bikes:
- The radius covers over 100km² of London.
- There are over 780 docking stations all over the capital.
- 87 million hires have taken place in the past decade.
- When Boris Bikes launched there were just 315 docking stations.
How to use Boris Bikes:
- Go to a docking bay and use your credit card to purchase your hire.
- A 24-hour hire costs £2 with the maximum length of a single journey not exceeding 30 minutes.
Find the closest docking station to you below: