How to travel safely on public transport!
Travelling on public transport can be a daunting experience during these hard times; we composed a list of tips to help you to stay safe:
OUR TOP TIPS TO HELP YOU TO STAY SAFE:
1. Consider other methods of transport:
Drive, walk or cycle if possible.
2. Change your commute time and route:
Take a longer but less crowded route and go before or after rush hour, the majority of people will stay take the usual trip at a normal life.
3. Extra hygiene measures:
That includes taking hand sanitizer with you to clean your hands before eating and after you touch surfaces, such as the door handles, lift buttons or the headrests as you walk down the aisle. Remember to disinfect your phone regularly, it can be often overlooked.
4. Maintain social distance:
Social distancing is the best protection available, and do not hesitate to change a seat or leave a bus or a train if it’s overcrowded, always keep a distance between other people.
Since Monday 15th June 2020 it has become compulsory to wear a face mask on public transport.
NEVER USED A “BORIS BIKE” BEFORE? HERE’S EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!
Santander Bikes, previously known as Barclays Bikes or Boris’s Bikes, is a rapid and eco-friendly option for travelling within London. There are plenty of docking bays in Central London in the city. The closest docking bay to the hotel is located just 100 meters from the hotel at Melton Street.
How does cycling help the environment?
Cycling reduces noise pollution. It doesn’t require any gasoline therefore, no harmful vehicle emissions or smog are released into the air when a person is riding their bicycle.
Fun Facts about Boris Bikes:
- The radius covers over 100km² of London.
- There are over 780 docking stations all over the capital.
- 87 million hires have taken place in the past decade.
- When Boris Bikes launched there were just 315 docking stations.
Here’s how to use a Boris Bike:
- Go to a docking bay and use your credit card to purchase your hire.
- A 24-hour hire costs £2 with the maximum length of a single journey not exceeding 30 minutes.
Find the closest docking station to you below: