What to do in London for Halloween?
Halloween is now celebrated across the world on the night of 31st October. London with countless ghost stories and morbid tales is a must go place for Halloween.
- Tower of London was built as a fortress and a royal palace. The Tower was one of the most notorious prisons and became famous for its torture and executions. Visiting Tower of London during one of the Twilight Tours can make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up. https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/explore/tower-twilight-tours/#gs.h2OtOE8
- London Dungeon recreates various gory and macabre historical events in a gallows humorous style. It uses a mixture of live actors, special effects and rides. Plus, exclusively for Halloween, Scream Fest features a new Jack the Ripper show. https://www.thedungeons.com/london/en/
- The Woman in Black, which has been haunting London’s West End for 27 years has been originally created merely with a £1000 budget. This is a gripping horror story about a retired solicitor and his experiences with the mysterious spectre of a Woman in Black. https://www.thewomaninblack.com/
- Wellcome Collection is a museum based in Euston, with medical curiosities of more than 68,000 preserved animal specimens. https://wellcomecollection.org/
- Theme parks like Thorpe Park and Legoland have got special spooky events. Thorpe Park features interactive mazes and rides with a special twist. Legoland is a perfect choice for younger audiences with a subtler approach to Halloween with a “Brick or Treat” trail, Frankie’s Monster Disco, costume competition and more. https://www.thorpepark.com https://www.legoland.co.uk/
- Haunted Pubs – The old inns, and pubs around London have often been at the centre of many of the haunting stories throughout the years. Grenadier Pub is supposedly haunted by a young soldier killed for cheating in a game of cards. Find 5 most haunted pubs in London at https://www.hauntedrooms.co.uk/haunted-pubs-in-london
- Victorian Cemeteries – Brompton and Kensal Green are two of London’s most beautiful Victorian garden cemeteries. Between gothic mausoleums, you will find headless angels guarding unmarked graves and crumbling tombstones.
- Zombie Expriences – survive zombie outbreak in an immersive zombie experience http://zombieexperiences.co.uk/
- Escape Rooms – 1 hour to escape a room with zombie chained to the wall, this escape room is not for faint hearted. https://www.trappedinaroom.co.uk/zombie
- Jack the Ripper tours – walking the steps of the infamous serial murderer, there is a variety of tours from free walks to premium experiences that include visuals and memorabilias
Learn more about Halloween in London here
TheWesley hotel is convientetly located in Euston – Central London, great base for couples & families to experience what London has to offer for Halloween.