TheWesley, previously the Methodist International Centre
About The Wesley
- TheWesley was originally established in 1950 as Methodist International House and is rich in heritage. It is the legacy of Hilda Porter, a Methodist missionary, who opened student hostels offering safe and hospitable accommodation for international students in post war Britain.
- Over the years we have supported and housed more than 10,000 students.
- We relocated from Bayswater, West London, to Euston, Central London, in 1998, becoming the first social enterprise hotel in the UK and changing our name to Methodist International Centre (better known as MIC Hotel & Conference Centre).
- Rebranding to The Wesley in May 2013 to reflect our pride in our Christian & Methodist heritage together with a passion for providing modern ethical hotel accommodation.
- Offering accommodation with a choice of 100 premium bedrooms in Euston for both hotel guests and the educational market. Our brand is designed to offer a distinctively personal touch and socially aware ethos.
- Also a well established Central London conference, meetings and events venue.
- The ethical and sustainable London Hotel of choice. The business supports international and domestic students studying in London and overseas within a multi-cultural, muti-faith environment.
Our commitment to a clear Environmental Policy is seen in the setting of targets for energy efficiency, procurement, waste management and environmental education. TheWesley is registered to the City of London Climate Pledge. Our aim is to protect and enhance the environment whilst minimising the impact of our business activities.
Awards, Accolades and Accreditations
- An Investors in People Silver accredited company we employ 55 staff trained to provide the best service and hospitality
- AA 4 star guest accommodation
- Visit England and Quality in Tourism 4 star guest accommodation
- AIM accredited compliant Conference Venue (Meetings & Industry Association)
- Achieved ISO14001 accreditation 2012
- Green Tourism Silver Award 2012 and 2013
- Mayor of London Procurement Code Silver Award since 2011
- Approved restaurant and venue by The Vegetarian Society
- Winner of Hospitality and Customer Service Award in Camden and Islington Business Awards in two consecutive years, 2011 and 2012
- Winner of a highly commended award in SME category at the City of London Sustainability Awards in 2012, presented by Raymond Blanc
- Awarded the prestigious Social Enterprise Mark accreditation in July 2010, the first hotel to receive this accolade and still the only one in the UK
- Awarded the IFA’s Social Enterprise of the Year National Award in 2010.
- Shortlisted for a London Business Award in 2010.